27.9.11

how to make an envelope pillow {d.i.y.}


first you need to know how big your pillow form is. mine was 14 by 20.
to make an envelope pillow you:
 add 1 inch to each side for the front piece {mine would be 15 by 15}
& for the back you need to add four inches to one side & add just 1 inch to the other side {mine would be 15 by 24}
 cut out your pieces of fabric using a ruler to the size that your pillow will be
{mine was 15 by 15 & 15 by 24}
 now you need to cut back piece in half {the bigger piece} so for mine i would cut it at 12 inches
 iron over sides in the middle of the pillow like above
 now, sew a hem line where you ironed
 now you will place the front side of your pillow up...
 & put the back two facing down {like above}
 it should look like the picture above. make sure everything is centered & pin the edges down {about 2 inches from pin to pin}
 sew a hem line along the entire pillow
 after sewing, cut all of the corners & excess fabric...be careful not to cut your hem line!
 flip inside out...
now, just put your pillow form in & you've got a beautiful pillow!!
pretty easy, even kruz was good while i did this. it honestly only took like 20 minutes! easiest pillow cover EVER & trust me i'm not a sewer!!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to make these for my big pillows for my new bedding I'm trying to make. :)

Kimba said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to make these for my big pillows for my new bedding I'm trying to make. :)