so if you have ever been to the amazing island of oahu, you have probably tried the pineapple ice cream from the dole plantation! it really is in my top 5 reasons of why i go to hawaii! haha. it's like heaven on earth!! so here is my point i have been CRAVING it like mad & of course i cant find pineapple ice cream or gelato or ANYTHING anywhere!! & it kind of upsets me, if you know where to get some let me know! so i found this recipe for the next best thing, a "dole whip." the only other place you can get pineapple ice cream or the whips is at the disney parks (which i have had there & they taste just the same!) did you know that?? you bet i googled it looking for it looking for a place to buy it!! haha. anyways, the dole whip is the next best thing and is sooo yummy!! :) i cannot wait to make this!! here is the recipe!!
what you will need:
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
how to make it:
- Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.